March 22, 2015

Spring Break 2015: NYC Day 2

Hey guys,

So whenever I am planning another trip to NYC I always have a list of places that I want to visit while I am there. These are places that I have either seen in a movie, read about online or somewhere else, or heard about from another person. I love exploring the city and seeing everything that it has to offer (which is a lot, by the way).
Rocco’s Menu

On the second day for breakfast we at a place called Rocco’s, I had a cup of hot chocolate because it was freezing outside. I also had some French toast because that is my favorite breakfast item along with Belgium waffles. The hot chocolate was really good, not the best I’ve ever had but I don’t drink coffee and I really wanted something to warm me up. The French toast was amazing though.

Rocco’s Hot Chocolate
After we finished with breakfast our next stop was a store called BookMarc, which is the bookstore that was started and owned by Marc Jacobs the designer. It was a very neat bookstore. They sold some interesting books though. I actually ended up purchasing a book called “101 Things I Learned in Fashion School” by Alfredo Cabrera and Matthew Frederick.  I also purchased a mini journal that says “New York BookMarc” on it and a couple pencils that say “BookMarc” on them. I definitely want to go back there the next time I visit NYC just to see what else they are selling.

Rocco’s French Toast
BookMarc didn’t actually open up until 11 am and it was about 10:50 am by the time we got there so we ended up having to wait a little bit before they opened and we didn’t really want to wait outside in the freezing cold air so thankfully there was Magnolia Bakery across the street. So we went across the street to check it out because this bakery has been featured in movies and TV shows and people talk about it online as well. We only ended up purchasing some hot chocolate because we still stuffed from breakfast.

Kleinfeld High Fashion Bridal Boutique

Entrance of Kleinfeld Bridal Boutique
After we checked out BookMarc we headed to Kleinfeld because my mother, my sister, and I are very big fans of the show “Say Yes to the Dress” on TLC and so we had to check out the bridal shop where it is filmed. However, they were not filming the day we went as far as we know. Unfortunately, you are not allowed on the showroom floor unless you have an appointment but it was still fun to check it out and see what it looked it like in real life.

TJ Maxx New York City
Next, we stopped into a TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Bed Bath & Beyond shopping plaza. We only ended up shopping at the TJ Maxx and I was the only one who purchased something. If you love anything involving fashion including clothes, shoes, handbags and jewelry, TJ Maxx is a great place to shop to find designer stuff for a lot cheaper than the original price. We always like to stop into a TJ Maxx because they are always better than the ones we have where I live and because the designer selection is always so much better. However, I didn’t end up purchasing anything fun. I ended up purchasing shoe inserts because my feet were killing me. Sadly, the shoes inserts did not help at all.

Flat Iron Building

Macy’s at Herald Square Entrance Fashion Store
After TJ Maxx, we headed to Macy’s at Herald Square because it literally is the best Macy’s to shop at. It is always one of the stops that we have to make whenever we visit NYC. Sadly, I did not find anything there to buy but both my mother and sister found several items. Hopefully I’ll have better luck next time!

For dinner we decided to get room service because we wanted to relax a little bit before heading back out. We ended up ordering a large pepperoni pizza and we totally forgot that New York pizza is completely different than Florida pizza. Our pizza arrived in an extremely large box and each slice was more like two slices. Thankfully we enjoy eating pizza very much and we ended up having pizza for breakfast the next day and for dinner the following day. Also, latter we discovered that the room service we ordered was actually a pizza company that delivered the pizza to our hotel and then to our room rather than the hotel kitchen making it for us.
Pizza Box

Pepperoni and Ham Pizza
At the end of the day we ended up checking out Madame Tussauds in Times Square. I have always wanted to check it out but never wanted to pay for it because it seems kind of silly to spend so much money looking at wax figures of celebrities. I am so glad that we finally ended up doing it though because it was a lot of fun and I loved how they set up different scenes for each celebrity. I totally recommend doing this is you have enough time or if you have been to NYC more than once. Since I love fashion so much, it was really cool getting to go to this museum and look at all of the amazing clothes that they had dressed these wax figures in. Another interesting Museum that we checked out on the first day was called the Guggenheim
Madame Tussauds

My mom with Al Roker

My sister with Selena Gomez

Me with Justin Timberlake

If you want to check out what some of the items that I brought with me to New York, check out my What's in my Carry-On post.


Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed this weeks post! Check back next week for a new post!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love talking with you guys and getting to know you better! If you leave a question I will most definitely try to answer it! XO, Steph