March 29, 2015

Spring Break 2015: NYC Day 3


Hey guys,

So just to warn you, this post is going to contain a lot of pictures.

On our third day in NYC we did three main things, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Bergdorf Goodman, and Ripley’s Believe It or Not!
Starbucks bag

Our first stop of the day was of course getting coffee for my mother and sister. For breakfast we ended up just eating leftover pizza from the night before because our hotel room had a mini fridge in it and there was a lot of pizza leftover. 

I ended up buying water because I love drinking water and it is my favorite beverage. Also, there is nothing in the bag, I just wanted it because I didn’t want to carry my water in my hand since it was so cold out and the purse I decided to use for the day was not large enough to hold it.
Starbucks Ethos Water Bottle
So our first official activity of the day was going to The Metropolitan Museum of Art or The Met for short. If you have watched Gossip Girl, you may recognize this building because Blair (Queen B) would always have breakfast on the steps of The Met with her followers/friends. 

If you enjoy going to museums, I would definitely recommend going here and even if you don't enjoy going to museums I would still recommend going there. There is so much to look at there is literally something for everyone. However, my only recommendation would be to plan spending an entire day here because this place is huge. We unfortunately did not know how large it was and so we did not get to see the entire building but we do plan on going back the next time we visit the city. If you like fashion like I do, there is The Costume Institute's Anna Wintour (editor-in-chief of American Vogue Magazine) Costume Center. I did not know this existed until we got there but unfortunately it was closed during the time we went because they were changing the costumes and I believe they were changing them out for Chinese costumes.


The Metropolitan Museum of Art

Egyptian artifacts

View of Central Park from inside The Met

Tiffany Necklace

Tiffany Stained Glass Window

House located inside of The Met

Old guns inside The Met

Old fashioned bed

Floral Painting

Painting of London
After we finished looking around we walked outside and it was snowing! It was so beautiful and amazing to be there when it actually snowed in New York. We have been in NYC one other time during the winter time but it never snowed while we were there and even though this was technically supposed to be my "Spring Break" I am really glad that it snowed while we there. I have probably only seen snow falling one other time and I don't really remember it because I was so young. 
Me standing in the snow outside of The Met

Bergdorf Goodman High Fashion Department store

Our next stop was Bergdorf Goodman, which is a high fashion department store that we always have to visit when we are in NYC. My dream job is to become a women’s clothing buyer for this department. If you have never been to this store, I highly recommend going. It is very high priced but sometimes they have amazing sales. However, unless you look like you just got done filming your new movie you may get stared at some. While I was there I had decided that I wanted to buy a couple new pairs of designer jeans so I went with a pair of 7 For All Mankind and a pair of AG Adriano Goldschmied.
Christian Louboutin Simple Heels High Fashion shoes
So recently I decided that every time I go on a big vacation for something special I was going to buy something special to make the trip more memorable so every time I look at the item I purchased I would remember the trip that I took as well. For example, last year for spring break my mom and I went to North Carolina to visit my dad who was stationed there and on our way back we stopped in Orlando for the last weekend and did a little shopping at the Mall at Millenia. While I was there I purchased my first Louis Vuitton (Louis Vuitton Speedy Bandouliere 30) and then during my recent trip to Las Vegas for my 21st birthday I bought myself my Chanel sunglasses.  So while I was at Bergdorf’s I decided to buy myself a pair of Christian Louboutins.
Bubba Gump bucket

Run Forest Run table sign

For dinner we ended up eating at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company. I have never eaten at one of these even though there are several in Florida. My mom and dad have both eaten one at the one in Daytona before and I am not sure if my sister has ever eaten at one before. I am not a big seafood eater and I don’t really like the smell either, which is why I have avoided eating there but now that I have I would probably eat there again but probably at a different location. I ended up having a cheeseburger, which was pretty delicious. Also, the view from the restaurant was pretty amazing. It was located in Times Square and the restaurant part in on the second floor so you get a nice view of all the bright billboards.

If you haven't read my Day 2 post and you want to know what we ate for dinner check it out here!

Ripley's Believe it or Not New York Sign
We finished off the evening by going to Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Which we didn’t even realize they had one in NYC. We love going to these and we have been to two of the ones they have in Florida, the one in Orlando and the one in St. Augustine.  We have been to several others as well but I am not entirely sure which ones. We almost went to the one in Washington DC but everything closes extremely early in DC which is the complete opposite for NYC.
My sister being silly


Thanks for stopping! Check out my Day 1 post!  Check back next week for a new post!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I love talking with you guys and getting to know you better! If you leave a question I will most definitely try to answer it! XO, Steph